1. The genesis for this post was LeBron’s eviscerating brush-off of this poor, contrast-cuffed bro courtside.
2. LeBron’s denied dap before — he once made HIS MOM create her own dap after a ferocious dunk.
3. In the 2012 playoffs, LeBron’s teammate was the victim of this phenomenon. After extending his hand to Amar’e Stoudemire, Shane Battier is summarily denied. Worst part: he’s lying on the floor.
4. Here, David Lee does what many Knicks fans have long dreamt of doing: shaming Isiah Thomas.
5. A quick college tale: Reggie Johnson once tried to dap an official. He was denied, but saved it with a solid fingerpoint.
6. Poor JaVale McGee tried REALLY HARD to get some dap from Kenneth Faried. Faried was like, noooooooooo.
7. Now let’s consider a great denier of dap: Kobe Bryant. This one’s short and sweet — he baits Shaq into a dap, then pulls away, then slaps Caron Butler’s ass.
8. Kobe has also left Kevin Love hanging for what appears to be five hours. Kevin Love is another important figure in unrequited dap; you’ll see why soon enough.
9. And then there’s this classic, in which Kobe 1) denies Derek Fisher and Luke Walton and 2) sits on Derek Fisher. KOBE MAD.
10. Even Phil Jackson isn’t immune from Kobe’s cold shoulder. Phil tries to pretend he was just knuckling his face, but we know better.
The best part about this is the caption: “10 NBA Championships, most in NBA history.” CAN’T SAVE YOU FROM THIS, CAN IT?!?!