1. Jose Canseco tweeted this today:
If this is true, it wouldn’t be the first time Canseco’s been accused of violence against women. Both of his ex-wives claimed to have been victims of domestic abuse by Canseco, and he’s been involved in other violent episodes leading to criminal charges.
Canseco’s since deleted all four tweets. According to a spokesperson with the Clark County District Attorney’s office, no criminal charges against Canseco were in the system at this time. The spokesperson added that it was possible they would not yet be in the system if the charges were just filed.
6. After deleting those four tweets, he started tweeting again:
7. Then he published her phone number:
8. And started talking about polygraphs again.
District Attorney’s office spokesperson Tess Driver followed up: “From [his tweets], it sounds like Metro [Police] just went to his house to question him - so, they are probably just in the investigation stage at this point. He most certainly has not been formally charged (our office does that), nor does it appear that he’s been arrested by the police.”
Apparently not, as Canseco then tweeted that he is leaving the state.
11. Las Vegas Sun reporter tweets that Las Vegas police confirm an ongoing investigation involving Canseco regarding an alleged sexual assault:
13. There has also been a resulting groundswell to ban Canseco from Twitter for outing the woman who he claims accused him of rape.
Check back for updates.