1. “Why can’t you just eat it?”
Why can’t you just leave me alone?
2. “Do you even like food at all?”
YES I like food, I just like certain *kinds* of food.
3. “Stop being so immature and childish — grow up and eat better.”
Being a picky eater doesn’t mean I’m acting like a child, it means I’m making the grown-up decision to do what I want.
4. “Don’t you want more to eat than that?”
If I wanted to…then I would.
5. “Eat it or they’re going to think you’re rude.”
Don’t you think THEY’RE rude for serving me something I don’t even like in the first place?!
6. “But you *always* pick the restaurant!”
If you always like the food where we go, then what’s the problem?
7. “Why can’t you find anything you like on the menu?”
Why can’t the menu have anything I like?
8. “Did you look on the children’s menu?”
Maybe I did.
9. “You do realize you can’t always eat the same thing, right?”
10. “There’s no way you’re getting enough nutrition in your diet.”
My body hasn’t failed me yet.
11. “Really? You just want your pasta plain?”
Yes. I. Do.
12. “Vanilla is the WORST flavor, it’s so boring.”
You’re the worst flavor. You’re so boring.
13. “You should try this!”
Thanks for the pro tip, but I’ll just stick to what I like.
14. “Are you sure you don’t want to try it?”
Yep, I’m sure.
15. “Come on, it’s good for ya.”
I really don’t care.
17. “You really need to broaden your horizons.”
Isn’t that for me to decide?
18. “It’s important to expand your taste buds.”
My taste buds like what they like, I can’t help it!
19. “Don’t poke at that.”
Don’t you have anything better to do than watch me eat?
20. “Stop picking around, that looks gross.”
Why do you think this is any of your business?
21. “Why don’t you like food?”
I DO LIKE FOOD. I DO.
- The man accused in Friday's Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado made his first court appearance. Charges are expected to be formally filed on Dec. 9. ›
- Cyber Monday 2015 could be the biggest online sales day in history, according to data from Adobe. Shoppers are on track to spend nearly $3 billion 💳📲
- And there's a hilarious new rap meme of Pope Francis, thanks to a photo taken over the weekend of him giving his blessing 🙏🎤 ›