1. For some time, Taylor Swift shied away from the feminist label.
2. When The Daily Beast asked Swift if she was a feminist back in 2012, she said:
Kevin Kane / Via Getty Images
3. The pop star’s fans still insisted that she empowered other women.
4. And some even went to extremes to show how feminist and T. Swift go together:
6. But in an interview with The Guardian, Swift is now calling herself a feminist. Loud and proud.
Ethan Miller / Via Getty Images
7. According to Beyoncé, Chimamanda Adichie, and Merriam-Webster, this is the definition of the word “feminist”:
8. She even credits her friend Lena Dunham for helping her come into her feminist awakening.
Christopher Polk / Via Getty Images
9. Dunham *applauded* T. Swift for her ability to grow and change in such a public way.