1. You constantly defend your friendship to others.
And say things like, “We’re just friends, I swear!”
3. You take care of them when they’re feeling under the weather.
5. You act like your realest self around them.
7. You talk about anything and everything with them.
9. You’ve stayed friends through all of life’s stages.
10. Your significant other feels like the third wheel when you all hang out.
11. You talk about your love for them in metaphors.
12. You try to ignore the obvious sexual tension between you.
13. They’re the first person you text when something important happens in your life.
14. You get jealous when you see with them with the person they’re currently dating.
16. You ask them for love and relationship advice.
17. You give them “friendly” compliments.
20. You happily travel far distances to see them.
Rain, snow, sleet, sunshine…
21. You butt heads every once in a while.
It’s really just the tension.