1. I will never know what it is like to receive a Hogwarts letter.
Does it feel like a mix of getting your college acceptance letter and winning the lottery?
2. I will never know which house I truly belong in.
I mean, Pottermore told me I was a Gryffindor, but am I really?
3. I will never be able to use my wand to find my ride.
I will forever have to remember where I left my keys.
4. I will never know what Amortentia smells like.
Would it smell like freshly cut grass, new parchment, and spearmint toothpaste? Or like a new Harry Potter book?
5. I will never know what my boggart would be.
Would it be a snake or would it turn into Snape?
6. I will never know whether I am a good flyer or not.
Hopefully I would have flown a broom well.
7. I will never know if I’m good at Quidditch or not.
Maybe I’m the next Viktor Krum.
8. I will never know what I’d see in the Mirror of Erised.
I can tell you that I don’t want socks.
9. I will never know what my Patronus is.
Hopefully, my Patronus isn’t a snake.
10. I will never know what it’s like to be a wizard.
WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ME, J.K. ROWLING?
- Joyce Mitchell, the prison worker who was accused of helping inmates Richard Matt and David Sweat escape from a New York prison, pleaded guilty and faces up to seven years in prison.
- Several people have been wounded after a shooting near Barcelona's famed La Rambla street, according to Spanish media.
- President Obama addressed the 54-member African Union, a first for a sitting U.S. president. The speech marks the end of his historic five-day trip to East Africa.