1. Ólafur Arnalds’ “Þú Ert Jörðin.”
Icelandic producer Ólafur Arnalds’ gorgeous instrumental “Þú Ert Jörðin” translated is ‘“You Are The Earth.”
2. Jon Hopkins’ “Small Memory.”
Jon Hopkins is an electronica musician based in London, and his dreamy music is a staple on many-a-sleeping-playlist.
3. Agnes Obel’s “Riverside.”
This Danish singer/songwriter’s haunting melody will have you snoozing in seconds.
4. Erik Satie’s “Gymnópedie Part One.”
The French composer’s Gymnópedies are a revelation for insomniacs everywhere.
5. Ane Brun’s “Daring To Love.”
This Norwegian artist’s heartwarming song is the perfect accompaniment for a restful night’s sleep.
6. Claude Debussy’s “Clair de Lune.”
The French composer’s classical melody’s title means “moonlight,” and is the perfect song for late nights.
7. Nobuo Uematsu’s “Zanarkand.”
The Japanese composer wrote this piece of Final Fantasy X.
8. Mazzy Star’s “Fade Into You.”
A sleeping playlist simply wouldn’t be the same without Mazzy Star’s iconic, dreamy jam.
9. The Album Leaf’s “The Light.”
You might recognize this as it has been featured many times on Scandal, but it’s also the perfect sleep aid.
11. Karen O.’s “The Moon Song.”
This tranquil Oscar-nominated original was featured in Her.
13. Paul Buchanen’s “Mid Air.”
The lovely song is from the former The Blue Nile-member’s first solo effort.
15. Ray LaMontagne’s “Can I Stay.”
Ray LaMontagne is the king of sleepy love songs.
16. Efterklang’s “Mimeo.”
The Danish indie rock group can do ambient music like none other.
17. Goldmund’s “Threnody.”
Goldmund is actually American artist Keith Kenniff’s post-classical piano alias. He also makes music under the name Helios.
18. James Blake’s “Retrograde.”
This English musician and producer’s soothing single is highlighted by his satin-smooth voice.
19. Helios’ “Bless This Morning Year.”
Helios is the ambient/house effort of Keith Kenniff.
20. Stars Of The Lid’s “Don’t Bother They’re Here.”
Drone-based ambient music making duo Brian McBride and Adam Wiltzie created this subtle-yet-poignant melody.
21. Message To Bears’ “Wake Me.”
Message To Bears is London-based musician Jerome Alexander and this song is punctuated with soothing nature sounds.
23. Nujabes’ “Imaginary Folklore.”
Nujabes was Japanese music producer Jun Seba, who passed away in 2010, but not before leaving behind a legacy of gorgeous music.
And here’s an entire playlist, so hit play, and sleep tight:
- Turkey hopes to ease tensions with Russia after it shot down a Russian warplane earlier this week. The countries have differing accounts of the incident. ›
- France and Russia have agreed to coordinate their airstrikes with the U.S. against ISIS. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›