2. Not Lou Reed, of Velvet Underground fame.
3. But when Lou Reed sadly passed away this week, Lou Bega was inundated with messages of condolences instead.
So he posted this picture up on his Facebook page to prove he is indeed alive.
5. Which led to comments on Twitter like these.
What’s going on? I heard Lou Bega just died????????????
RIP Lou Reed. “Who is he?” “Isn’t he the guy who sung Mambo No 5?” “Erm, no that was Lou Bega.”
Saddened to learn Lou Bega has died. Mambo No 5 in heaven, good sir!
it’s too bad grumpy cat’s death yesterday was overshadowed by lou bega’s. RIP
10. Until people finally started to realise the mistake.
scary idiot !!!!!!!!
i am DYING at the rip lou bega tweets
Oops, I got Lou Reed and Lou Bega mixed up. #MamboNo5
At least Lou Bega is still going strong.
Those people mixing up Lou Reed and Lou Bega better not be writing prescriptions when they grow up. I don’t even want them making fast food.
14. And now we have this to hope for.
ok im just gonna ask it u guys when is mambo no 6 coming out when is it