1. She’s created and grown a successful blog
2. Buzzfeed asked her to do an original project and she made these awesome cotton candy lights
The post got almost 50,000 views and was reposted by Make, Flipboard, and more.
3. Her Pinterest account was named one of the top 10 to follow by At Home in Love
With Lovely, has over 600 Pinterest followers. Check it out here.
4. She makes cool stuff for her friends’ bachelorette parties and weddings
Examples: booze- and confetti-filled balloons (pictured), DIY giant polaroid photo frame here.
5. She spent 10+ years working (and crafting) with kids
Started babysitting at age 10, spent over 2000 hours in high school volunteering in preschools and kindergartens, completed several Early Childhood Education courses in college, worked at Head Start, worked as a counselor and photography instructor at a summer camp, and nannied in Ireland, France, and Australia.
6. She loves taking photos
In addition to taking photos for With Lovely, Kia provides most of the photography for The Cheapishly.
7. She knows her way around Photoshop
8. Her projects have been featured on several top wedding, parenting, and home decorating websites
9. She’s spent the past three years at a startup, so she knows how to multitask and get things done on a tight deadline
Responsibilities at Bloomspot have included: writing, editing, photo editing, syndicate marketing, photography coordination, operations coordination, banner ad creation, blogging, risk and control analysis, and more.