2. Please turn to chapter 1 in Very Fucking English.
9. When going abroad, remember your manners.
11. Chapter 3: cheerful condescension
(Disgruntled tutor shop-job via Cynical Travel.)
13. Chapter 4: Foreigners in Japan
(Via Cynical Travel. Teaching ESL is tough, yall.)
17. Useful daily phrases from Fist of the North Star.
29. Go forth. Flourish. You now know business English.
30. I would definitely advise against doing this:
(Note: the London/Canadian/Columbian Scag/Einstein ones appear to be shop-jobs by very disgruntled tutors. The rest, as far as we can tell, are earnest.)
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›