10. Don’t Use Coffee Stirrers or Unnecessary Straws
He totally could have just sipped that. Yeesh.
Currently, Americans throw away 138 billion straws and stirrers. “Determined to stir? Break off a piece of pasta from the cupboard. You can nibble after using it, compost, or throw away with less guilt.”
11. Turn out (some) Lights when you Leave the Room
“Always turn off incandescent bulbs when you leave a room. Fluorescent bulbs are more affected by the number of times it is switched on and off, so turn them off when you leave a room for 15 minutes or more. You’ll save energy on the bulb itself, but also on cooling costs, as lights contribute heat to a room.”
12. Pay Bills Online
If all Americans stopped receiving paper billing statements, we could save 18.5 million trees per year, 2.2 billion tons of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gasses, and 1.7 billion pounds of solid waste.
Reference for all statistics and more great ideas found at http://www.50waystohelp.com/
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates are debating in New Hampshire, ahead of Tuesday's primary and the gloves are off 🇺🇸
- Twitter's CEO responded to backlash over reports that Twitter would move to an algorithmic feed, insisting that the product would remain real-time.
- Deep breaths: Beyoncé dropped a new song and video called "Formation." She's performing at the Super Bowl on Sunday 👑🐝