1. This is a Tyrannosaurus rex.
4. But did you know we live way closer in time to T. rex than T. rex lived to Stegosaurus?
5. T. rex lived 67–66 million years ago in the Late Cretaceous period. Stegosaurus lived in the Late Jurassic period, which was 155-150 million years ago.
That’s a gap of over 80 million years between T. rex and Stegosaurus, and just 66 million years separating us from T. rex.
6. Of course, in the grand scheme of things, dinosaurs were just a blip in time.
Dinos roamed the Earth between 230 and 65 million years ago. So far, we’re an even smaller blip – the first hominids emerged 2 million years ago.
- At least nine people in Colorado Springs were injured in a shooting near a Planned Parenthood clinic, officials said. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›