1. On Monday 7 October, SpaceX’s Grasshopper launched and reached an altitude of 744m.
3. And then landing vertically as if it’s no big deal for a rocket the height of a ten story building.
4. Watch the whole test flight.
Kelly Oakes is science editor for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
In The News Today
- A Lake County police officer was shot and killed by three men during a routine traffic stop in Fox Lake, Illinois. ›
- A Kentucky clerk continues to defy the Supreme Court by denying marriage licenses to same-sex couples. ›
- Google introduced a redesigned logo. It's the biggest change to the logo since 1999. ›