1. Kevin Terris, a high school student from California, found the fossil while on a dig with palaeontologists from a local museum.
The dinosaur was under a year old when it died 75 million years ago. It’s the most complete skeleton ever found of Parasaurolophus, a duck-billed dinosaur. Terris and his collaborators have described the skeleton in the journal PeerJ.
2. Take a tour of the skeleton in this video.
- More than a dozen people were killed after severe storms and flooding swept through the French Riviera on Saturday evening. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 19 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- The Catholic Church fired high-ranking Vatican official Monsignor Krzysztof Charamsa. He came out as gay on Saturday. ›