1. Kevin Terris, a high school student from California, found the fossil while on a dig with palaeontologists from a local museum.
The dinosaur was under a year old when it died 75 million years ago. It’s the most complete skeleton ever found of Parasaurolophus, a duck-billed dinosaur. Terris and his collaborators have described the skeleton in the journal PeerJ.
2. Take a tour of the skeleton in this video.
- Prosecutors will seek the death penalty for Dylann Roof, accused of killing 9 people in a Charleston church in June. ›
- Kentucky clerk Kim Davis has been taken into federal custody until she orders her staff to issue marriage licenses. ›
- Tom Brady's four-game suspension by the NFL following the "Deflategate" scandal has been overturned by a federal judge. ›