4. Concentrated sulphuric acid is added to p-nitroaniline, and this happens.
Explanation with the video.
5. A rainbow forms in an Icelandic waterfall.
Taken from this video.
6. A white blood cell chases and engulfs this bacteria.
Make sure you watch to the end.
9. Earth’s ice and vegetation cycle over a year.
Based on images from NASA’s Visible Earth team.
10. A piece of metal is melted inside an electromagnet.
This one takes a while but is worth the wait.
13. A loop of plasma four times the size of the Earth erupts from the Sun.
15. Hydrogen peroxide mixed with potassium iodide.
Makes something known as elephant’s toothpaste.
21. A superconductor levitates over a magnetic track.
It’s called the Meissner effect. Explanation in this video.
26. The Elephant’s Trunk nebula in 3D.
More nebula images here.
29. Sulphur hexaflouride is much denser than air.
Don’t try this one at home: sulphur hexaflouride is almost 24,000 times more potent than carbon dioxide as a greenhouse gas.
30. Iron reacts with copper sulphate.
In reality it takes several hours.
31. Iodine clock reaction.
Explanation from Periodic Videos.