1. Dead sheep cake.
Complete with infected liver and snail.
2. Polycystic kidney disease cake.
3. HIV cake.
Adam John Ritchie
@wellcometrust HIV cake made by HIV immunologists @UniofOxford #sciencecake
Yes that is what you think it is.
7. Mystery cell cake.
#ScienceCake from Y7 @wellcometrust @CentreoftheCell cheek cell? Root hair cell? You decide! Love the Oreo nucleus!
8. Canine facial muscles cake.
(With scarily real-looking teeth).
9. “Pathological Christmas dinner” cake.
Just out of shot: “fecal contamination.”
10. Rabbit anatomy cake.
@wellcometrust I’m a veterinary student and my mom made a rabbit anatomy birthday #sciencecake
11. “Beefcake fetus.”
Winner of the “grossest cake” award at a Nottingham Veterinary School competition, for obvious reasons.
15. “Ascarid impaction colic” cake.
Ascarids are a type of horse parasite.
16. Tapeworm cake.
Zoonoses & EID
As requested by @wellcometrust, here again is our tapeworm cake made by Liz Dobson and @annievet1 #sciencecake
17. “Bullseye” cake.
From the competition notes: “Springy sponge, could be slightly more moist. Blood worryingly like the real thing.”
18. Failed abdominal surgery cake.
With truffle intestines. Yum.
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter crashed in Colorado. The crash killed the pilot and injured two crew members.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated current Britain's Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?