1. Cats would look so odd if they didn’t have ears.
2. Moles have claws BIGGER THAN THEIR FACE.
4. Bats… ok, bats are still quite creepy.
5. Chameleons are not always that good at blending in.
6. A duck’s beak is basically its whole head.
7. Rays are actually much more complicated than their smooth exterior suggests.
8. You do not want to mess with a sawfish.
10. Goldfish have bones in their fins.
11. A chicken’s legs are really quite long.
12. Porcupinefish are extremely spiky.
13. Seahorses are pretty damn cool.
14. Lizards are basically just one long spine.
16. This is how a diving bird makes itself streamlined.
From Turvey’s exhibition at Gallery@Oxo.
- At least three people – including a police officer – died in a shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. The suspect is in police custody. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›