1. Meet Joe Black
“I’m not saying you should commit suicide to avoid sitting through this syrupy mess, I’m just saying you should consider it.”
2. An Officer and a Gentleman
“I felt nothing when I watched this movie.”
3. Cruel Intentions
“maybe it picks up halfway through. maybe I need to watch it a second time.”
4. Sleepless in Seattle
“But the characters are incredibly boring.Especially the girl. She’s pretty but she’s very, very boring.”
5. Shakespeare in Love
Well, whoever wrote this certainly has the time period down.
6. Notting Hill
“The hot crippled female friend and her husband make me happy they are together and it’s very well played.”
7. What Women Want
A new one for the rating system: CG-13.
8. Reality Bites
“Plenty of ppl loved this movie, I don’t.”
9. An American President
“Did I get ROMANCE?!? A little. But MOSTLY Liberal Politics.”
- President Obama addressed the 54-member African Union, a first for a sitting U.S. president. The speech marks the end of his historic five-day trip to East Africa.
- The Boy Scouts of America has ended its ban on gay leaders, two years after lifting a ban on gay youth members.
- Boston is no longer pursuing a bid to host the 2024 summer Olympics.
- The Arizona Cardinals have hired the NFL's first female coach.