2. That no one cares about the sport until the Olympics.
4. Wanting everyone to know they can do this.
5. How bad they are at land sports.
6. Trying to work out after not getting in the pool for a while.
It goes slowly.
7. People not understanding that just because you’re in water doesn’t mean you don’t get thirsty.
Or that you don’t get hot. Or don’t sweat.
10. Keeping track of what event/heat/lane they’re in.
11. Reacting like a lunatic when they drop infinitesimal amounts of time.
13. Never getting enough of the water.
Even if they’re in it all the time.
14. How to be the most festive during competition.
16. When non-swimmers whine about the water being too cold.
19. Male swimmers acting like they look like this after they shave:
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›