2. That no one cares about the sport until the Olympics.
4. Wanting everyone to know they can do this.
5. How bad they are at land sports.
6. Trying to work out after not getting in the pool for a while.
It goes slowly.
7. People not understanding that just because you’re in water doesn’t mean you don’t get thirsty.
Or that you don’t get hot. Or don’t sweat.
10. Keeping track of what event/heat/lane they’re in.
11. Reacting like a lunatic when they drop infinitesimal amounts of time.
13. Never getting enough of the water.
Even if they’re in it all the time.
14. How to be the most festive during competition.
16. When non-swimmers whine about the water being too cold.
19. Male swimmers acting like they look like this after they shave:
- Chicago police chief Garry McCarthy has resigned after backlash from the police shooting death of Laquan McDonald. ›
- It's World AIDS Day — 35 million people have died from AIDS-related conditions, and more than 34 million people are living with the disease. ›
- Cyber Monday 2015 could be the biggest online sales day in history, according to data from Adobe. Shoppers are on track to spend nearly $3 billion 💳📲