1. 2012, Lady Gaga
Sparkly catsuits = always in style.
2012, Lady Gaga, again.
Looking like the Statue of Liberty = also always in style.
2. 2012, Florence Welch
Flowing robes, naturally, for Florence.
3. 2011, Natasha Bedingfield
4. 2011, Nicki Minaj
Cyborg-Jetson-Robot-girl. Is this how we will be dressing in the future?
5. 2011, Ke$ha
Ke$ha was the perfect person to ask to perform on New Year’s Eve because she already only wears sparkly things.
6. 2011, Avril Lavigne
Punk goes to the prom.
7. Fergie has worn a lot of glitter outfits. Like this one from 2011.
Or this one from 2010.
Or this one, on that same night:
8. 2010, Jennifer Lopez
This bodysuit was much-maligned, and unfortunately, only the beginning of J.Lo’s obsession with them.
9. 2009, Keri Hilson
This appears to be some cross between leather and patent leather, if such a thing exists.
10. 2009, Solange
11. 2009, Taylor Swift
Performing for New Year’s Eve with Carson Daly, Taylor accessorized her party dress with some leather sleeves.
12. 2007, Nicole Scherzinger
Nicole and the Pussycat Dolls got the sparkle/gold memo.
13. 2006, Mariah Carey
She looks like an icicle. And probably felt like one too.
14. 2004, Cyndi Lauper
Black, studded leather – or are those what we would call baubles?
15. 2004, Jessica Simpson
RIP this shirt, which is probably in some pile of landfill somewhere.
16. 2000, Christina Aguilera
Genie in a Bottle, always making sure that you know what her hit song is.
- The U.S. government is investigating possible unlawful coordination by some airlines to keep prices high ✈️
- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry will travel to Cuba later this summer for the opening of a U.S. embassy there.
- Nicholas Winton, who saved more than 650 Jewish children from the Holocaust, died at 106.
- Mozambique implemented a new criminal code that removes a colonial-era law criminalizing homosexuality.