1. Harry Potter and Hermione
There’s no doubt: Harry wouldn’t be who he is without Hermione.
2. Marjike and Lily
Marjike is a track star and Lily is dedicated to her studies, but these two prove that opposites attract.
3. Gordie, Chris, Teddy and Vern
Good friends help you move, but best friends help you move (or just see) a body.
4. Lennie and George
While George takes care of Lennie and is responsible for watching over him, their friendship isn’t a one way street. George’s friendship with Lennie keeps his hope for a better future alive.
5. Sherlock Holmes and John Watson
Their relationship is the perfect mix of love and disdain, and while the friendship can sometimes be a strain, we all know they need each other.
6. Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn
These two were the original BFF’s of literature. Young, quick-witted, and inseparable.
7. Nadia and Verlaine
Nadia moves to a new town and a new high school just as she’s discovering her powers. Verlaine has silver hair and a passion for vintage fashion. Together, the two of them team up to defeat the dark power that’s plaguing their town.
8. Hassan and Amir
Hassan’s loyalty and good nature is the crux of the friendship, and changes Amir for the better.
9. Elizabeth Bennett and Charlotte Lucas
Who said Pride and Prejudice was all about Mr. Darcy? Boyfriends come and go, but best friends are forever.
But they’re not the only BFFs in Austen’s classic novel…
10. Darcy and Bingley
These two have the ultimate bromance. They even practice courting women together.
11. Calvin & Hobbes
We all had stuffed animals as kids. But this comic strip gave us all hope that one day, those stuffed animals would come to life and be our best friends.
12. Mowgli and the Baloo
From teaching the Bear Necessities to fighting off tigers and hypnotizing snakes, these two prove that friendship can cross species.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- A Guatemalan judge ordered former President Otto Perez Molina held in jail overnight while hearings over the corruption scandal that led to his resignation take place. ›
- Britain is set to increase the number of refugees being let into the country. The extra people allowed aren't in Europe already, they will likely come from UN camps bordering Syria. ›
- The Justice Dept. has tightened rules on cell phone tracking, forcing federal agencies to get a warrant. ›