1. Golden Eagle Trans-Siberian Express
This train is truly epic. It’s the world’s longest rail journey, spanning more than 6,000 miles, two continents and eight time zones.
Here’s the ornate lounge car, where you can grab a drink and listen to the on-board pianist. As the train’s social hub, it really doesn’t have official closing hours.
2. The Royal Scotsman
Ride the rails through the Highlands of Scotland.
Even the private cabins have their own Edwardian elegance.
4. Rovos Rail
Explore South Africa by train. Here, the Pride of Africa travels over Victoria Falls Bridge.
5. Hiram Bingham
Named for the explorer who introduced Manchu Picchu to the Western world, this 1920’s Pullman-style luxury train runs between Cuzco and Machu Picchu along the dramatic valley of the Urubamba River.
6. Venice Simplon Orient Express
This art deco train travels from London to Venice or Venice to Stockholm.
8. The Blue Train
Go from Pretoria to Cape Town, South Africa.
11. Palace on Wheels
This luxury tourist train was launched by the Indian Railways to promote tourism in Rajasthan.
There are 14 coaches, each named after former Rajput states and decorated to match those royal palaces.
12. Napa Valley Train
Check out California’s wine country by rail.
13. Al Andalus
What a way to see Southern Spain! The recently restored railway carriages were built in France between 1929 and 1930.
- Senate Democrats have secured enough votes to uphold the Iran nuclear deal when Congress votes on it later this month. ›
- A new study says there are 3 trillion trees on Earth — much more than previously thought. But we're losing them fast 🌳 ›
- The U.S. Army says it's removing restrictions on women attending Ranger School. Two soldiers became the first women to graduate from the school last month. ›