1. Earlier this summer, the Instagram account “IHaveThisThingWithFloors” formed as a place to repost photos of people’s shoes on top of beautiful floors, which were tagged with the same label.
The hashtag has quickly gained in popularity, and the curated account now has over 12,000 followers. The users of the account (and the account itself) have taken to calling this genre of photograph “selfeet,” which is definitely one of the cuter variants of “selfie” developed thus far. (“Selfeet” >>>> “Usie.”)
Pictures-of-feet is a well-worn Instagram motif, but never before has it been so pleasing to the eye. Sometimes the subjects’ shoes match the ground beneath them, and sometimes they don’t — either way, the effect is super pretty and strangely transfixing.
See below for some more favorites.
15. You can follow the account here.
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- World leaders are gathering in Paris for the United Nations summit on climate change 🌍 ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›