3. LISTEN UP! Have I got a cookie-coated whipped cream confectionary dream of a salad for you!
This is also going to be good information for you even if you DO somehow like normal salads.
4. Introducing: The Cookie Salad.
Legend (and Wikipedia) has it that the cookie salad was invented in Minnesota, and I don’t know who could really deny that that is what makes sense. “It is popular with children and for potlucks,” says Wikipedia, but it is perfectly fine if an adult wants to make it and eat it at home alone too. Wikipedia is not in charge. You are.
6. The main ingredients are: Keebler Fudge Stripe Cookies, buttermilk, vanilla pudding, frozen whipped topping, and mandarin oranges.
Recipes vary a little, but here’s the recipe from a book called Minnesota Keeper Recipes, which sounds trustworthy. Confusingly, the paragraph below it says, “Kids love it, and you do not have to make a dessert. This is great for taking to a potluck and we also use it at the cabin since it also works as a dessert.” !!! I love you, Minnesota.
- Former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore is dropping out of the race for the Republican presidential nomination. He got 133 votes in New Hampshire.
- MLB issued its first-ever lifetime ban for performance enhancing drugs to New York Mets' Jenrry Mejia.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.