2. The patron saint of lady blazers.
From To Have and Have Not, 1944.
6. Working the blazer, as always.
Bacall went along with her husband, Humphrey Bogart, and his costar Katherine Hepburn(far left) for the filming of The African Queen, 1950.
7. Laughing at you because she can pull off high-waisted plaid trousers.
9. In deep contemplation.
LIFE magazine, 1944.
10. The pleated trousers. The blouson shirt. THE POWER STANCE.
Promotional picture for The Big Sleep, which she starred in with her husband, Humphrey Bogart, 1946.
11. Quick frankly working the beret out of that beret.
12. Because every day is a good day for a blazer when you’re Lauren Bacall.
Arriving in NY to protest the House Un-American Activities Committee, 1947.
Cropped coordinates and ping-pong with the hubby.
14. Quintessential ’50s circle dress.
The Ed Sullivan Show, 1956.
15. Her shoulders put Humphrey’s to shame, tbh.
16. Casually covered in flowers.
Promotional material for The Big Sleep, 1946.
17. Lauren and Humphrey in matching earth tones.
18. The pants. THE DOG.
In their home, 1945.
19. Cosby sweater that predates Bill Cosby.
20. Absolutely OWNING this striped frock.
Filming To Have and Have Not, 1944.
21. Sailin’ on Bogart’s boat, Santana.
22. A floral cutout ensemble that you know you would wear today.
Modeling in 1945.
26. Cat Eye shades.
On the set of The African Queen, 1951.
27. True love= matching outfits.
Lauren and Humphrey on the set of Key Largo , 1948.
28. Lauren and Humphrey with their son, Stephen.
29. Could rock menswear AND Hollywood glam.
33. And of course she also had unbelievably radiant friends.
With Betty Grable and Marilyn Monroe while filming How to Marry a Millionaire, 1952.
35. Mother daughter scarves.
Lauren Bacall and Leslie Bogart, 1968.
37. The blazer that kept on giving .
From Misery, 1990.