1. He taught us that we can change our world if we take the initiative.
2. He wanted us all to realize that everyone deserves equal rights, and sometimes we need to give our voice to the voiceless.
PlainlyGabby / Via etsy.com
3. He validated that reading is awesome, and knowledge will take you to new and amazing places.
4. He wanted us to stay true to our word and true to ourselves, no matter what.
5. He taught us that if we remain open-minded, we can discover some pretty great things.
6. He let us know that it’s okay to grow up and go off in to the world. You know what you’re doing, and you have to believe that you will find your way in the end.
7. He wanted us to open our eyes and realize that the world truly is a funny place.
9. He opened our eyes and made us grateful for what we have.
Here Are The Top Stories
- BP has agreed to pay a $18.7 billion fine to settle legal actions over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Boko Haram has killed 97 people at mosques in northeastern Nigeria, a government official told AP.
- Former Virginia Sen. Jim Webb, a Democrat with a military background, is running for president.
- Tidal is now the only place you can stream Prince's music. He's pulled his work from other services, like Spotify.