1. He taught us that we can change our world if we take the initiative.
2. He wanted us all to realize that everyone deserves equal rights, and sometimes we need to give our voice to the voiceless.
3. He validated that reading is awesome, and knowledge will take you to new and amazing places.
4. He wanted us to stay true to our word and true to ourselves, no matter what.
5. He taught us that if we remain open-minded, we can discover some pretty great things.
6. He let us know that it’s okay to grow up and go off in to the world. You know what you’re doing, and you have to believe that you will find your way in the end.
7. He wanted us to open our eyes and realize that the world truly is a funny place.
9. He opened our eyes and made us grateful for what we have.
- President Obama said that he was "deeply disturbed" by the video showing the police shooting of black teenager Laquan McDonald in Chicago. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›