1. Just a few weeks ago, Family Guy fans were saddened when Brian Griffin got hit by a car and died.
2. Like, people were REALLY sad.
3. Because it was so sad.
(People were angry too. In a recent interview, Alex Borstein told BuzzFeed: “How are human beings still functioning when the reaction that I’ve seen to a talking cartoon dog’s death is — there’s been more outrage than anything I’ve ever experienced in my life. The hate mail I’m getting on Twitter. Oh my god, it’s insane! Like, the responses I’m getting are, ‘Bring back Brian, you bitch!’”
4. There was a petition to get Brian back. Even though the Griffins had gotten a new dog, Vinny.
5. On Sunday’s episode, Stewie went back in time and saved Brian from being hit by the car.
6. Was it the power of the petition and fan outcry? Considering that Family Guy episodes take more than nine months to make, no. Or, as the show’s creator, Seth MacFarlane put it:
And thus endeth our warm, fuzzy holiday lesson: Never take those you love for granted, for they can be gone in a flash.
7. Or more precisely:
I mean, you didn’t really think we’d kill off Brian, did you? Jesus, we’d have to be fucking high.
- U.S. President Barack Obama said the United Nations climate summit in Paris could be a "turning point" in saving the planet 🌍 ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›