1. Cory learns about Romeo and Juliet during the pilot episode, but in a future episode, he’s surprised to learn Romeo and Juliet die.
2. What happened to Shawn’s sister Stacy, who tried to help Cory fix his hair over the phone?
This is the only episode she’s mentioned in.
3. And don’t forget about Shawn’s half-brother Eddie, who we meet in the trailer park.
We never see him again, not even when Mr. Hunter dies.
4. And what about Topanga’s sister, Nebula Stop The War Lawrence?
She came to pick Topanga up from the Matthews’ house one day and was never heard from again. Why did these three siblings just disappear?
5. What happened to Mr. Turner after his motorcycle accident?
This is the last episode he appeared in. Did he live? I hope so!
6. They probably didn’t think we’d notice they switched the actress who was playing Morgan, right?
7. Cory’s explanation of when he fell in love with Topanga changes from when she kissed him against his locker, to when they were catching fireflies as kids, to when they were playing at a playground as toddlers.
I must know the true beginning of their love story!
8. Willie Garson plays three different characters: assistant manager Leonard Spinelli; Mervyn, a guy who works for Merrill Lynch and applies for a job at the Matthews’ store; and the minister who marries Cory and Topanga.
9. Cory’s brother Joshua is the same kid who told him and Topanga, “I see dead people” in the hallway of the married-couple dorms.
10. And how did he age so much in just one year?
Joshua was born in “My Baby Valentine,” but he is at least 3 years old when he appears slightly over a year later in “Brave New World.”
11. Topanga’s mom has been called Chloe and Rhiannon.
12. And she’s also been played by two different actresses.
Annette O’Toole, and later, Marcia Cross played Topanga’s mom.
13. But three different actors played Topanga’s dad.
Peter Tork, Michael McKean, and Mark Harelik all played Topanga’s dad.
14. Before he played Angela’s dad, he played one of Shawn’s professors when he was pretending to be in college.
15. The show skipped over Cory’s eighth- and eleventh-grade years completely.
16. In Feeny’s futuristic retirement party episode, Cory and Topanga have a daughter named Beverly Glen. However, in Girl Meets World, their daughter’s name is Riley.
But…despite all of these problems with continuity, the show crept its way into our hearts, and that’s where it lives now.
- Rallies for climate change action are taking place around the world ahead of the United Nations climate talks in Paris. ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And watch a man react to the modern world after spending 44 years in prison. ›