1. On a Thursday morning, June 19, my life was forever changed when I woke up without hot water.
2. While arguing with my landlord to get the water running on his day off, I sent a copy to the wrong email chain — instead of sending it to my manager and two editors it was sent to BuzzFeed employees worldwide.
3. Then things really started to get out of control.
4. My brilliant co-workers sent GIFs.
9. Profound quotes.
13. Sound advice.
14. Motivation from my editor-in-chief.
15. Encouragement from Mumbai.
16. Legal action.
17. DIY tips.
19. And this kind offering from BuzzFeed’s founder and CEO.
20. They showed legitimate concern.
21. And doubt:
22. I saw the serious impact of social media activism.
24. And how thrilled my roommate was when he woke up.
25. Our product team made a crucial update to our CMS.
26. And then there was this comment…
27. …that started all kinds of weird fan fiction.
30. But the question of the day came from Australia:
32. After showering at the company gym, I was greeted by my generous co-workers with an applause and many thanks for making their day.
34. Update — June 20, 11 p.m. ET: Superintendent Louis fixed the shower. All in a day’s work.
In The News Today
- Russia is reportedly preparing to send ground troops to aid Syria's campaign against rebel forces. ›