1. Everybody is killing everybody.
With Gyp Rosetti (Bobby Cannavale) firmly at war with Nucky Thompson, it seems that people are dying left and right.
2. The mayor has no clue how to mayor.
“Nucky Thompson doesn’t run this city. I do.” – Mayor Bader, right before the press laughs at him.
3. Mickey Doyle gives Nucky the good news.
Holding up in a lumber yard, Nucky is informed by Mickey that if the Overholt distillery gets up and running, Nucky will be the “biggest bootlegger in the country.”
4. Chalky White and Al Capone get into it.
Nucky breaks the fight up and asks Capone that if they have a problem, “Then what’s a handshake with you supposed to be worth?”
5. Rosetti’s crew gets drunk.
Because as one of the crew sums it up, “If I’m gonna catch it, I’d rather be tight.”
6. Rosetti and Joe Masseria have a chat.
Rosetti originally had 43 of Massarea’s men, but now only has 31. More importantly, though, as Massarea explains, Rosetti “don’t have Nucky Thompson.”
7. Lil Tommy Darmody doesn’t want to leave his teepee.
Not even for a ham sandwich with a dill pickle and Oreos for dessert.
8. Nucky and Eli have a heart-to-heart.
Nothing brings a family closer like the fear of being clipped by an Italian mobster.
9. Mickey gives Arnold Rothstein a ring-a-ding-ding.
What ever could they possibly be talking about? A deal, perhaps?
10. Lucky gives up the heroin.
He didn’t want to go to jail, what else was he supposed to do?
11. Gillian tries to sweet talk Rosetti into letting her and Tommy leave.
It doesn’t work.
12. Rosetti gets weirdly turned on talking about “being squashed like a bug.”
He gets so turned on, that he cries. Ya know, like you do.
13. Rothstein bails Nucky out, at a price.
The price being 99% owner of the distillery.
Which Nucky accepts.
14. Margaret Thompson is in Brooklyn trying to “bring her monthly on.”
What’s a monthly? Oh… nevermind.
15. Lucky and Meyer get screwed.
They find out the “cops” took the heroin work for Rothstein, who is now going into the heroin field with Joe Massarea as a partner. All Massarea has to do is withdraw his men who are helping Gyp Rosetti.
16. Chalky and Capone try to fight again.
Come on, guys. Just be friends, OK?
17. Rosetti gets his choke on.
18. Gillian’s assassination attempt goes wrong.
She tried to get Rosetti, but he got her instead. Don’t worry, she’s just drugged. Really, really drugged.
19. Richard Harrow fucks shit up.
All he wanted was to get Lil Tommy to a safer place. The killing was just a bonus.
20. Capone and Chalky’s crews mow down Massarea’s fleeing men.
They even share a laugh!
See, friends can happen!
21. Nucky and Eli find the carnage at the Artemis House.
It seems somebody got there first.
22. Harrow drops off Tommy at a safer place.
Poor Richard Harrow, all he wants is a family.
23. Andrew Mellon tips off Agent Esther Randolph.
He informs her that somebody is illegally occupying his Overholt distillery. She thinks he’s talking about Nucky, but he tells her it’s Arnold Rothstein. Nucky for the win again!
24. Gyp Rosetti gets what was coming.
“Relax, its a party!”
25. Nucky doesn’t want anybody to know who he is anymore.
And he only wants to deal with people he trusts.
26. Hooray! Margaret gets her “monthly.”
Now we can all sleep easier.
27. Nucky goes to see Margaret.
When she refuses to leave with him, he offers her money for the kids, saying the money “doesn’t mean anything,” to which she replies, “Yes, it does.”
28. “Say, you’re Nucky Thompson, aren’t ya?”
Back in Atlantic City, after being recognized, Nucky decides to lose his trademark carnation.
29. He’s now just another face in the crowd.
But what a face it is.