2. “Washabi,” “Geishalicious,” and “Shang High” shampoo by Cibu
This is tame compared to the actual ads.
3. “Hot Slut” by Cheeky Monkey
“Hot Slut,” “Trailer Trash,” and “Party Whore” are just the tip of the iceberg.
4. “Schitzo” eyeshadow color by The Balm
Calling women crazy is always a good idea, especially if it involves using the name of a real mental illness.
5. “Miso Happy with This Color” nail polish by OPI
Why. Why do you do this, OPI??
6. “Unforgivable Woman” perfume name and advertisements by Sean John
This doesn’t at all bring to mind images of domestic violence sparked by a woman’s supposed promiscuity. And wouldn’t the image above be more “passionate” if the woman was smiling/actually looking into P. Diddy’s eyes?
7. “I’m Not Really a Whore” by Naughty Nailz
Hopefully discontinued at this point.
8. “Celebutard” lipstick by Kat Von D
Earlier this month, Kat Von D’s new lipstick was pulled off shelves for, well, obvious reasons.
9. “Hassid” nail polish by American Apparel
Are there really no other words to describe “black”? Do we really need to bring someone’s religious beliefs into this?
10. MAC “Underage” Tinted Lipglass
MAC’s Tinted Lipglass pays an eerie tribute to the Nabokov novel with names such as “underage” and “nymphette,” a term Humbert uses to refer to Lolita and other girls “between the ages of 9 and 14” as throughout the story.
11. “Chinois” eye shadow by Stila
“Chinois” means “Chinese” in French. And apparently it’s also the name of a beauty product.
12. “Trophy Wife” nail polish by Essie
The description at the bottom makes it even more uncomfortable.
13. “Give Me Moor!” nail polish by OPI
Yup, this seems right, naming cosmetics after an ethnic group.
14. “OY — Another Polish Joke!” nail polish by OPI
Yiddish stereotypes — as golden as this polish color, apparently.
We've got your WKND covered.
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing aircraft MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72-years-old.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".