1. Back, a long time ago, before the Brazil-Germany World Cup semi-final even began, there was a saying: “God is Brazilian” people used to say to one another, innocently.
“Deus é Brasileiro.”
2. Well, after today’s 7-1 blowout loss to Germany, that faith was lost as the statue of Christ the Redeemer turned into an emblem of Brazil’s collective misery…
4. Eventually taking off, presumably to a whole new land.
5. Although some believe he was cut down by Hermannsdenkmal (Herman the German).
6. Only to be replaced by German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
7. At one point, there were so many goals in such a short period of time…
8. That things got a little nuts.
9. New Brazil logos were created…
10. Tattoos became ironic…
12. And then showed Germany’s dominance in new, refreshing ways…
14. While pointing out Brazil’s lackluster performance…
16. It was almost too sad to watch.
17. Until it became all too real.
In The News Today
- President Obama apologized to Doctors Without Borders for the airstrike that killed 22 people at a clinic in Afghanistan. ›
- The U.S. Coast Guard said it will suspend the search for the crew of El Faro, the cargo ship that went missing in the Caribbean during Hurricane Joaquin last week. ›
- Hillary Clinton says she's "not in favor" of the Trans-Pacific Partnership, the 12-nation trade deal championed by President Obama. ›