1. Ukraine’s parliament convened on Wednesday for the first time since a controversial election in October. It didn’t end well.
The words on the shirts read, “Freedom to Political Prisoners,” a reference to former prime minister Yulia Tymoshenko, whose imprisonment for alleged abuse of power is considered politically motivated by many.
6. Then, on Thursday, opposition lawmakers abandoned the session in protest of their minority status.
7. But not before a few words from Vitali Klitschko, chairman of the opposition party and a heavyweight champion boxer …
9. … and another fistfight, of course.
- Justice Antonin Scalia, who served almost 30 years on the Supreme Court as one of its most prominent and influential conservative voices, died Saturday. He was 79.
- The four members of British indie band Viola Beach and their manager are believed to have died in a car crash in Sweden.
- And U.S. Republican presidential candidates had their nastiest debate yet in South Carolina last night 🇺🇸