1. Ukraine’s parliament convened on Wednesday for the first time since a controversial election in October. It didn’t end well.
The words on the shirts read, “Freedom to Political Prisoners,” a reference to former prime minister Yulia Tymoshenko, whose imprisonment for alleged abuse of power is considered politically motivated by many.
6. Then, on Thursday, opposition lawmakers abandoned the session in protest of their minority status.
7. But not before a few words from Vitali Klitschko, chairman of the opposition party and a heavyweight champion boxer …
9. … and another fistfight, of course.
- The gun allegedly used by an undocumented immigrant to shoot and kill a woman on a San Francisco pier last week may have been stolen from a federal agent.
- Fox has secured the rights to make a movie about the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on marriage equality.
- Subway has suspended Jared Fogle, the weight-loss guy from their commercials, due to an FBI investigation.