1. The truck shortly before the accident:
2. The truck after the accident:
“The train honked its horn, but the 18-wheeler could not go anywhere because of the other one (truck) being right in front of it,” parade attendee Daniel Quinonez told the Associated Press. “It was a horrible accident to watch happen right in front of me. I just saw the people on the semi-truck’s trailer panic, and many started to jump off the trailer. But it was too late for many of them.”
On Friday, the names of the dead were released: 37-year-old Sgt. Maj. Gary Stouffer, 47-year-old Sgt. Maj. Lawrence Boivin, 34-year-old Army Sgt. Joshua Michael, and 43-year-old Sgt. Maj. William Lubbers.
One person is in critical condition, four are stable at the hospital, and ten were treated and released Thursday night, the AP reports. The truck was carrying veterans and their spouses.
- Former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore is dropping out of the race for the Republican presidential nomination. He got 133 votes in New Hampshire.
- MLB issued its first-ever lifetime ban for performance enhancing drugs to New York Mets' Jenrry Mejia.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.