1. The truck shortly before the accident:
2. The truck after the accident:
“The train honked its horn, but the 18-wheeler could not go anywhere because of the other one (truck) being right in front of it,” parade attendee Daniel Quinonez told the Associated Press. “It was a horrible accident to watch happen right in front of me. I just saw the people on the semi-truck’s trailer panic, and many started to jump off the trailer. But it was too late for many of them.”
On Friday, the names of the dead were released: 37-year-old Sgt. Maj. Gary Stouffer, 47-year-old Sgt. Maj. Lawrence Boivin, 34-year-old Army Sgt. Joshua Michael, and 43-year-old Sgt. Maj. William Lubbers.
One person is in critical condition, four are stable at the hospital, and ten were treated and released Thursday night, the AP reports. The truck was carrying veterans and their spouses.
- The man accused in Friday's Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado made his first court appearance. Charges are expected to be formally filed on Dec. 9. ›
- Cyber Monday 2015 could be the biggest online sales day in history, according to data from Adobe. Shoppers are on track to spend nearly $3 billion 💳📲
- It's World AIDS Day — 35 million people have died from AIDS-related conditions, and more than 34 million people are living with the disease. ›