1. “Veronica Mars,” the mid-2000s teen detective show, is finally becoming a movie.
2. A Mars movie has been rumored FOREVER.
3. The series was cancelled at the end of its third season in 2007, but the finale didn’t feel very final.
4. Despite fan/cast/crew/world enthusiasm for one last goodbye, Warner Brothers never got on board with the idea of a feature film.
As Thomas puts it, “Warner Bros. wasn’t convinced there was enough interest to warrant a major studio-sized movie about Veronica and the project never got off the ground.”
5. Still, fans held out hope.
7. Just before 9 p.m. Eastern time, the campaign met its fundraising goal of $2 million.
Full disclosure: Some of us at BuzzFeed have happily contributed.
8. Hear that, “Veronica Mars” fans?
9. More Keith!
10. More Wallace!
11. More Veronica!
(And Mac, I guess.)
12. More Logan!
13. But more importantly…
14. More Veronica AND Logan.
15. One more time.
17. OK, I’m done.
18. Really, I promise.
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. ›
- "Victor Frankenstein" joined the ranks of 2015 films that opened in more than 2,000 North American theaters, but earned less than $4 million on opening weekend. ›