1. “Veronica Mars,” the mid-2000s teen detective show, is finally becoming a movie.
2. A Mars movie has been rumored FOREVER.
3. The series was cancelled at the end of its third season in 2007, but the finale didn’t feel very final.
4. Despite fan/cast/crew/world enthusiasm for one last goodbye, Warner Brothers never got on board with the idea of a feature film.
As Thomas puts it, “Warner Bros. wasn’t convinced there was enough interest to warrant a major studio-sized movie about Veronica and the project never got off the ground.”
5. Still, fans held out hope.
7. Just before 9 p.m. Eastern time, the campaign met its fundraising goal of $2 million.
Full disclosure: Some of us at BuzzFeed have happily contributed.
8. Hear that, “Veronica Mars” fans?
9. More Keith!
10. More Wallace!
11. More Veronica!
(And Mac, I guess.)
12. More Logan!
13. But more importantly…
14. More Veronica AND Logan.
15. One more time.
17. OK, I’m done.
18. Really, I promise.
- A flash flood emergency has been issued Sunday in Charleston, South Carolina. More than 16 inches of rain fell in some areas. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 19 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- More than a dozen people were killed after severe storms and flooding swept through the French Riviera on Saturday evening. ›