1. This is the tip of the spire of One WTC — the final touch on a building that, at 1,776 feet, will be the tallest in the Western Hemisphere.
3. Though the final piece was lifted today, it will be attached to the spire at a later date.
Ironworker Tommy Hickey holds a guide rope as the final piece of spire is hoisted to the roof.
6. For now, the piece will rest on a temporary work platform.
10. The 18-piece spire will be 408 feet tall.
13. The final piece was visible even from Jersey City Heights, across the Hudson River.
- Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump have won the New Hampshire primaries for the Democratic and Republican nominations 🇺🇸
- The Supreme Court put on hold President Obama's climate change plan, which aims to curb carbon dioxide emissions from power plants.
- And thank the Force: Disney's profits hit an all-time high of $2.9 billion after the latest *Star Wars* film release ✨💰