1. This is the tip of the spire of One WTC — the final touch on a building that, at 1,776 feet, will be the tallest in the Western Hemisphere.
3. Though the final piece was lifted today, it will be attached to the spire at a later date.
Ironworker Tommy Hickey holds a guide rope as the final piece of spire is hoisted to the roof.
6. For now, the piece will rest on a temporary work platform.
10. The 18-piece spire will be 408 feet tall.
13. The final piece was visible even from Jersey City Heights, across the Hudson River.
- Red Bull apologized for posting a video of people in blackface chasing a banana.