1. First, let’s talk about the hair.
Swimmer Kristin Otto of East Germany at the 1988 Seoul games.
Long jumper Jacqueline Joyner-Kersee of USA at the 1988 Seoul games.
Tennis player Steffi Graf of Germany at the 1988 Seoul games.
4. Big and flowy!
Long jumper Heike Drechsler of Germany at the 1988 Seoul games.
5. These cyclists competed for speed while their hair competed for lusciousness.
Erika Salumae (Soviet Union) wins gold, Christa Luding (East Germany) wins silver and Connie Paraskevin-Young (USA) wins bronze.
6. Moving on: the MUSTACHE was big.
Jurgen Hingsen of West Germany at the 1984 Los Angeles games. Tony Duffy /Allsport.
Decathlete Daley Thompson of Great Britain at the 1984 Los Angeles games. Allsport UK/Allsport.
8. And the shorts, well, short.
Brazil v. Yugoslavia at the 1980 Moscow games.
14. The gymnastics leotards were not nearly as sparkly.
Romanian gymnasts at the 1984 Los Angeles games.
- A Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy was ambushed Friday night when a man walked up and repeatedly shot him from behind. ›
- Dominica Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit said that Tropical Storm Erika killed 20 people there, and set the island back 20 years from the damage. ›
- Police are investigating the death of Jamycheal Mitchell, who was arrested months ago in Virginia for allegedly stealing about $5 worth of groceries. He was found dead in his jail cell last week. ›