1. Park Geun-hye, 60, is the daughter of the late President Park Chung-hee. She’s a trained engineer who has served as a representative in the National Assembly since 1998.
Her father, Park Chung-hee, served as South Korea’s leader for 18 years after seizing power in a 1961 military coup. He was assassinated in 1979. Geun-hye’s mother was also murdered a few years earlier when a bullet aimed at the president hit her instead.
3. Here she is on Dec. 4, debating against Lee Jung-hee (Unified Progressive Party) and Moon Jae-in (Democratic United Party).
- NATO is sending boats to the Aegean Sea to try to help combat the migrant and refugee crisis.
- Time for Democratic presidential debate number six: Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders will face each other in Wisconsin tonight 🇺🇸
- The reboot of popular BBC car show "Top Gear" will have seven presenters, but only one woman 🚗💁