1. The debate point that started it all on Wednesday night, when Romney said he would defund PBS in order to help pay down the defecit:
Watch the video here.
2. The first PBS-affiliated statements were playful, coming via the Sesame Street Twitter accounts Thursday morning:
3. Then, PBS CEO Paula Kerger issued a more aggressive statement to CNN:
Watch her interview.
- In a landmark prison reform decision, California has agreed to a settlement that will effectively end indefinite solitary confinement in the state. ›
- Los Angeles has officially been selected as the American candidate city to host the 2024 Summer Olympics. ›
- Missouri executed Roderick Nunley Tuesday night for a 1989 rape and murder. It was the state's sixth execution this year, and the nation's 20th. ›