1. This is Metro, a 10-year-old horse from Maryland, and his owner, Ron Krajewski.
2. Metro was a turf sprinter who competed at Belmont Stakes and the Saratoga Springs Horse Show until his knees gave out.
3. “He is a horse,” Krajewski says of Metro’s art. “It is what it is…”
4. “A painting you can hang on your wall and tell all your friends it was painted by a horse.”
5. Metro’s owners say they donate half of Metro’s earnings to the New Vocations Racehorse Adoption Program.
Read more about New Vocations here.
7. Krajewski told Reuters there is a “waiting list of 120” for the paintings.
The larger acrylics, 20 inches by 20 inches (51 × 51 cms), sell for $850 at the gallery, he said, and smaller cut-down versions, 5 inches by 7 inches (12.7 × 17.8 cms), are $80.
One of Metro’s large paintings sold on eBay for more than $2,000, and bidding for another one on Friday was hovering at $800 with only a few hours to go.