Hugo Chavez won 54 percent of Venezuela’s vote Sunday, defeating challenger Henrique Capriles and granting the United Socialist Party incumbent six more years in office.
The margin was reportedly one of the narrowest of all Chavez’s re-elections. The controversial socialist leader, believed to be recovering from cancer, first became president in 1999.
That means Chavez has been around since the invention of…
2. SisQo’s “Thong Song” (2000)
3. Wikipedia (2001)
6. All of these things (2004-2006)
8. Hulu (2008)
9. Grindr (2009)
12. Psy’s world domination (2012)
- Two bomb attacks in the central Nigerian city of Jos have killed at least 44 people.
- Greek Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis has resigned following an overwhelming "no" vote on new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. The country's future in the eurozone is uncertain.
- The U.S. defeated Japan 5-2 in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. It was the highest scoring final in the history of the tournament ⚽️