1. This is Tropical Islands, a resort located in Krausnick, Germany.
2. The hotel opened in 2004, offering a beach, lagoon, water slide, restaurants and exotic birds, flora and fauna.
3. It basically has everything you could want from an island resort.
4. Except it’s nowhere near an island.
5. Because this …
6. is inside this.
7. This warm, beautiful beach …
8. is surrounded by snow.
9. This slide?
10. It’s built inside a long-distance cargo hangar on a former Soviet airbase.
11. It’s 360 meters long (1181 feet).
12. 210 meters wide (689 feet).
13. And 107 meters tall (351 feet), which is tall enough to enclose the Statue of Liberty.
- Robert L. Dear was identified as the suspected gunman in a fatal shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. Here's what you need to know. ›
- Speaking of climate change, can you pass this basic quiz about it? ›