1. This is Tropical Islands, a resort located in Krausnick, Germany.
2. The hotel opened in 2004, offering a beach, lagoon, water slide, restaurants and exotic birds, flora and fauna.
3. It basically has everything you could want from an island resort.
4. Except it’s nowhere near an island.
5. Because this …
6. is inside this.
7. This warm, beautiful beach …
8. is surrounded by snow.
9. This slide?
10. It’s built inside a long-distance cargo hangar on a former Soviet airbase.
11. It’s 360 meters long (1181 feet).
12. 210 meters wide (689 feet).
13. And 107 meters tall (351 feet), which is tall enough to enclose the Statue of Liberty.
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›