1. This is Tropical Islands, a resort located in Krausnick, Germany.
2. The hotel opened in 2004, offering a beach, lagoon, water slide, restaurants and exotic birds, flora and fauna.
3. It basically has everything you could want from an island resort.
4. Except it’s nowhere near an island.
5. Because this …
6. is inside this.
7. This warm, beautiful beach …
8. is surrounded by snow.
9. This slide?
10. It’s built inside a long-distance cargo hangar on a former Soviet airbase.
11. It’s 360 meters long (1181 feet).
12. 210 meters wide (689 feet).
13. And 107 meters tall (351 feet), which is tall enough to enclose the Statue of Liberty.
- Rallies for climate change action are taking place around the world ahead of the United Nations climate talks in Paris. ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And watch a man react to the modern world after spending 44 years in prison. ›