99designs.com, a community-based design website, held a contest for users to try to design a logo for the NBA’s newly renamed New Orleans Pelicans. It inspired some really wonderful designs.
2. Like “The Cool Guy” Pelican.
3. Or The “Awesome Color Scheme, Hyper-Realistic” Pelican.
99designs has just announced the winner of the contest (which comes with a $500 prize), and it’s a cool one that was submitted after we put our favorites together. Are you ready?
I for one really love it. It looks like an NBA logo. It makes Pelicans look badass, which is something of an achievement. I even love the choice of color scheme even if it is a little reminiscent of the Gilbert Arenas-era Wizards. It’s not those colors’ fault that Gil brought guns into the locker room. Anthony Davis would never allow such shenanigans.
- At least three people – including a police officer – died in a shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. The suspect is in police custody. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›