The New Orleans Hornets have announced that they will likely be changing their name to the New Orleans Pelicans. Originally that decision was met with doubts and scoffs, but that was before anyone saw what a designer could do with the concept. Enter 99designs.com, a community-based design website that is currently holding a contest for its users to try to create a logo to fit the team’s new name. So after you check out some of my favorite designs, you should go over to 99designs and vote. Now on to my favorites.
1. The “Cool Guy” Pelican
2. The “Awesome Color Scheme, Hyper-Realistic” Pelican
3. The “Way Classier Than Pelicans Have Ever Been” Pelican
4. The “My Trumpet Says Pelicans, What Does Your Trumpet Do?” Pelican
5. The “That Scary Red Eye Is Making Me Nervous” Pelican
6. The “A Scary Red Eye Isn’t Half As Scary As Satan’s Joker” Pelican
7. The “My Basketball Has Trumpet Buttons” Pelican
8. The “Globetrotter” Pelican
9. The “United Colors Of Peliccon” Pelican
10. The “It’s New Orleans, So Our Birds Dance” Pelican
11. The “I Just Stole This Ball, No I Don’t Mean In The Defensive Basketball Play Sense” Pelican
12. The “I Ate A Basketball, And Now My Mouth Is Messed Up, So Don’t Eat Basketballs” Pelican
14. The “I’m Just Chilling In Front Of This Basketball, What’s Up With You?” Pelican
15. The “Mardi Gras” Pelican
16. The “I’m Judging You For Not Watching ‘Treme’” Pelican
17. The “I’m Not Sure Where My Neck’s Coming From Either” Pelican
- Dylann Roof pleaded not guilty to federal hate crime charges in the Charleston church massacre.
- The World Health Organization says that an interim analysis of a potential Ebola vaccine shows "100% efficacy in individuals."
- Beijing won its bid to host the 2022 Winter Olympics. It's the first city to host both the summer and winter games.