The New Orleans Hornets have announced that they will likely be changing their name to the New Orleans Pelicans. Originally that decision was met with doubts and scoffs, but that was before anyone saw what a designer could do with the concept. Enter 99designs.com, a community-based design website that is currently holding a contest for its users to try to create a logo to fit the team’s new name. So after you check out some of my favorite designs, you should go over to 99designs and vote. Now on to my favorites.
1. The “Cool Guy” Pelican
6. The “A Scary Red Eye Isn’t Half As Scary As Satan’s Joker” Pelican
11. The “I Just Stole This Ball, No I Don’t Mean In The Defensive Basketball Play Sense” Pelican
14. The “I’m Just Chilling In Front Of This Basketball, What’s Up With You?” Pelican
- A strong earthquake struck southern Taiwan, killing at least 13 people and causing buildings to collapse.
- Days before New Hampshire's presidential primary, John Kasich got back-to-back questions about a lead water crisis in his home state of Ohio 🇺🇸
- Do you know what happened in the news this week? Time to take our quiz.