After Chris Culliver’s controversial comments about gays in the NFL, USA Today talked to 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks about his role in the 49ers’ “It Gets Better” video.
4. The reporter from USA Today told Brooks that he had seen the video, but Brooks didn’t back down.
5. And then he was shown the video:
6. Brooks’ response:
7. The reporter pressed Brooks, reminding him of studies that highlight how prevalent teenage bullying over sexual identity is, to which Brooks responded…
8. When the reporter went to Isaac Sopoaga (who also appears in the video), another teammate Will Tukuafu stepped in.
9. Sopoaga did just what Brooks did. He denied it…
10. And then he was shown the video:
12. He was told it was to help prevent bullying against teens due to their sexual orientation.
13. I wonder what Chris Culliver would think about all this…
- Five people were arrested as protesters gathered in Chicago after the release of a dash-cam video of the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Laquan McDonald. ›
- Brussels started reopening schools and the Metro Wednesday after a four-day security lockdown. The city remains on the highest terrorism alert. ›
- Pope Francis has arrived in Kenya. It's his first visit to Africa as pontiff. ›