This photo taken by The Washington Post’s Tracy Woodward was given an Award of Excellence in the 2013 White House News Photographers Association’s ‘Eyes of History’ photo contest. It’s pretty great, right?
3. There’s only one problem. Look how weird the edge of the wrestler’s arm looks.
4. I wonder why his arm has all that weird… IT’S BECAUSE A MAN WAS ERASED FROM HISTORY. (Or at least this photo.)
Altering photographs for the contest was expressly prohibited. The Post released the following statement:
Once Post editors saw that it had been altered from what had originally been published in The Post, we withdrew the photo from consideration. The Post’s ethics policy prohibits the manipulation of photographs, and we have taken action in accordance with that policy.
No word on how the ref has handled being erased from space and time, nor whether the experience was gradual (like Marty McFly in Back to the Future) or all at once like Lou Bega from our collective consciousness.
H/T DL Cade at Petapixel.
- Rowan County, Kentucky, issued several marriage licenses today, but their validity is being questioned because jailed clerk Kim Davis's name isn't on them. ›
- After mounting pressure from other European countries, Britain will accept thousands more refugees from UN camps bordering Syria. ›
- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said he isn't sure he has the "emotional energy" to run for president. ›