This photo taken by The Washington Post’s Tracy Woodward was given an Award of Excellence in the 2013 White House News Photographers Association’s ‘Eyes of History’ photo contest. It’s pretty great, right?
3. There’s only one problem. Look how weird the edge of the wrestler’s arm looks.
4. I wonder why his arm has all that weird… IT’S BECAUSE A MAN WAS ERASED FROM HISTORY. (Or at least this photo.)
Altering photographs for the contest was expressly prohibited. The Post released the following statement:
Once Post editors saw that it had been altered from what had originally been published in The Post, we withdrew the photo from consideration. The Post’s ethics policy prohibits the manipulation of photographs, and we have taken action in accordance with that policy.
No word on how the ref has handled being erased from space and time, nor whether the experience was gradual (like Marty McFly in Back to the Future) or all at once like Lou Bega from our collective consciousness.
H/T DL Cade at Petapixel.
- Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump have won the New Hampshire primaries for the Democratic and Republican nominations 🇺🇸
- The Supreme Court put on hold President Obama's climate change plan, which aims to curb carbon dioxide emissions from power plants.
- And thank the Force: Disney's profits hit an all-time high of $2.9 billion after the latest *Star Wars* film release ✨💰