These are all real bets available through Bovada.LV, Sportsbook.ag, and BetOnline.com. People will actually risk money on these.
1. Will Beyoncé use a hand mic or a headset for her first song?
Headset is an early and obvious favorite at -250 (meaning you would have to bet $250 on it to win $100), while mic is at +175 (bet $100 to win $175).
BUZZFEED’S ADVICE: Because Beyoncé is performing at halftime, it makes sense that she’ll probably start with an upbeat, energetic number, and therefore have a headset.
2. Will Beyoncé show cleavage during her first song?
Yes is a HUGE favorite right now at -500 (bet $500 to win $100). No is at +300 (bet $100 to win $300).
BUZZFEED’S ADVICE: It’s unclear how the sportsbook would rule if Beyoncé breaks out the underboob that she rocked on the cover of GQ, so bet on this one at your own risk.
3. Will both Harbaugh brothers wear hats?
You’ll have to bet $1000 on Yes if you want to win $100 on this one. Hats are a virtual lock.
BUZZFEED’S ADVICE: No is at +600, so if you have a way of keeping a Harbaugh brother from his hat [winks], it would be financially worthwhile.
4. Who will the Super Bowl MVP thank first?
I don’t know how a sportsbook decides how to set the numbers on this, but they have ideas. Right now it looks like this:
• God: +100
• Teammates: +200
• Coach: +300
• Parents: +600
• Fans: +600
The lesson? Parents and fans are expected to get the short end of the stick.
BUZZFEED’S ADVICE: Call your mom and tell her you love her.
5. Which Harbaugh brother will be shown first after the national anthem?
For some reason Jim Harbaugh is a slight favorite at -125 to John Harbaugh’s -105. Why? I guess maybe Jim is exactly twenty dollars more popular than his brother? Who the hell knows?
BUZZFEED’S ADVICE: Call Jack Harbaugh and tell him you love him.
6. Will the coin toss result in heads or tails?
Both options are currently listed at -103 (or -105 depending on the site you use).
BUZZFEED’S ADVICE: Watch the injury reports in case tails is hurting after a night on the town. “Flu-like symptoms?” Yeah right, tails.
7. Which team will win the coin toss?
In case you want to bet on the coin toss, but you like your 50/50 bets to have cities associated with them, you can also bet on the which team you think will win. Both are also listed at -105.
BUZZFEED’S ADVICE: Seek professional help for your gambling addiction.
8. How long will the national anthem be?
It’s even money on this one (both options are at -115). Do you think Alicia Keys’ rendition of the anthem will lost longer than 125 seconds? Or shorter? For reference, last year’s anthem (done by Kelly Clarkson) was only 96 seconds long.
BUZZFEED’S ADVICE: Keys is a known ham; bet the over.
9. What color will the Gatorade dumped on the coach after the game be?
Everyone’s favorite weird prop bet currently ranks the likely colors like this:
• Clear/Water: +150
• Yellow: +150
• Orange: +250
• Red: +500
• Lime Green: +550
• Blue: +1000
Smart money is on yellow or water. Well, as smart as money bet on a Gatorade bath can be.
BUZZFEED’S ADVICE: There’s nothing smart about any of this.
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter has crashed in Colorado. The crash killed the pilot and injured two crew members.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated current Britain's Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?