1. Some players would forget to let go of the ball.
2. Some players had to deal with trainers who only knew how to do one thing.
Dan Casey, Charlie Bastian and trainer
4. Some players’ magical power was “generosity,”
6. Some players played indoors.
Charlie Ferguson and Tommy McCarthy, Philadelphia Quakers
7. Some players were great at posing for “action shots.”
Deacon McGuire, Philadelphia Quakers
8. Some players modeled their techniques on literature like “Oliver Twist,”
10. Some players took the phrase “keep your eye on the ball” way too seriously.
11. Some players had glorious mustaches.
Jack Burdock, 2nd base
12. Some players liked to chill in “cool-guy” poses.
George Hall, Boston Red Stockings, 1874, right field (1874)
Robert Ferguson, Only player who became president of the league, 1878. (1878?)
13. Some players even achieved the elusive “double cool-guy” pose.
Ed Andrews, Philadelphia Quakers  and Sam Barkley Toledo Blue Stockings
14. Some players were clearly scared of the ball.
15. Some players looked like serial killers.
C. E. Hoover, C., Old Judge Cigarettes
16. Some players helped Rick with the Nazis in Casablanca.
Mike Lehane, Columbus
17. Some players were actually just Casey Affleck as a time traveler.
Joe Battin, 1874 2nd base (1874)
18. Some players got to play for this guy, who later built Jurassic Park.
19. Some players had heads that were way too small for their bodies.
20. Some players appreciated cool dogs.
Napoleon Lajoie, Cleveland, 1907 (1907)
- Tunisia's president declared a state of emergency a week after a deadly terror attack on a beach hotel.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️