1. Tory MP Matthew Hancock has accidentally posed for a photo with graffiti calling for his boss to be sacked.
The gaffe is visible on page 11 of the latest issue of Total Politics.
2. The magazine’s photographer is adamant he didn’t notice the graffiti at the time.
Hancock, who is minister for skills, was posing at the Southbank Centre skatepark in London.
3. Meanwhile, in Whitehall…
- Joyce Mitchell, the prison worker who was accused of helping inmates Richard Matt and David Sweat escape from a New York prison, pleaded guilty and faces up to seven years in prison.
- Several people have been wounded after a shooting near Barcelona's famed La Rambla street, according to Spanish media.
- President Obama addressed the 54-member African Union, a first for a sitting U.S. president. The speech marks the end of his historic five-day trip to East Africa.