1. Luke Bozier is a former New Labour adviser who co-founded the short-lived social network Menshn with Conservative MP Louise Mensch.
The website closed down in 2013 after Mensch disowned Bozier in the wake of his arrest for allegedly possessing indecent images of children. He was later let off with a police caution.
2. Bozier has now come back with a new app, ‘Babl’ that has just been released for iPhone.
The app launched this month for iOS and is now available from the App store. It has been out for Android since the start of this year.
3. The app doesn’t have a huge following yet, having amassed 18 followers on Twitter.
For some reason the app’s cover picture are the breasts of anonymous women.
4. The app has a svelte home-feed that shows your friends’ brief broadcasts
There’s also a Snapchat-like option to make messages private, and images can be attached to posts.
- Migrant deaths in the Mediterranean have exceeded 2,000, making 2015 the deadliest year for people trying to reach Europe, according to the International Organization for Migration.
- Three major U.S. airlines — Delta, American, and United — have banned the transport of big game trophies after the illegal killing of Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe.
- On August 4th, 2011, the death of Mark Duggan — an unarmed black man — at the hands of police officers in north London sparked nationwide riots.